Buy Malwarebytes antimalware

This site is hosted at Hostgator.com

Sponsored Adverts

Sponsored Ads

These adverts come direct from Google adsense

Welcome to The Spykiller

You need to register to  get help with malware cleaning on your computer or take part in the general discussion forums and to upload files that have been requested from other forums. Unfortunately we are getting massive spam attacks from allowing guest postings to uploads
It takes a very long time and a lot of hard work on our part to read all the logs posted here and research and prepare the fixes for you. In many cases each part of the fix takes about 30 minutes to prepare so a large part of our time is spent helping you

INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

Author Topic: Vulnerability in Microsoft DirectShow Could Allow Remote Code Execution  (Read 3558 times)

Offline Derek

• Administrator
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/971778.mspx

Microsoft is investigating new public reports of a new vulnerability in Microsoft DirectX. The vulnerability could allow remote code execution if user opened a specially crafted QuickTime media file. Microsoft is aware of limited, active attacks that use this exploit code. While our investigation is ongoing, our investigation so far has shown that Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 are vulnerable; all versions of Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 are not vulnerable. Microsoft has activated its Software Security Incident Response Process (SSIRP) and is continuing to investigate this issue

further details
http://blogs.technet.com/srd/archive/2009/05/28/new-vulnerability-in-quicktime-parsing.aspx
Derek
Microsoft MVP  Windows - Consumer Security Security Advice
Modern Malware is so involved and difficult to fix that it takes a very long time and a lot of hard work and research to prepare the fixes for you. A large part of my time is spent helping you
Would you do all this for nothing?
 I run this site to raise funds for Hedgehog Rescue
Please donate if I have helped you or you have found this site useful.

Donations

You have come to The Spykiller for help because your Antivirus or Antispyware hasn't been able to fix your problem.

Modern Malware has become so involved and difficult to fix that it takes a very long time and a lot of hard work to read all the logs posted here and research and prepare the fixes for you. In many cases each part of the fix takes about 30 minutes to prepare, so a large part of my time is spent helping you

The reason I run this site is to raise funds for Hedgehog Rescue

You can donate safely and securely by using the paypal service, just click on one of the buttons below.

To donate in UK £

To donate in US$

To donate in Euro €

Any amount no matter how small is gratefully accepted and needed to ensure we keep the Rescue Centre running

To donate via paypal when the button doesn't appear or the link doesn't work: just go to www.paypal.com or your country's paypal log in page and chose send money and use help@thehedgehog.co.uk as recipient email address and select other service as the option. then follow prompts

Useful Advice and Programs

Stop killing hedgehogs with strimmers
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 01, 2014, 00:01:18

Login with username, password and session length

secunia Software inspector

RoboForm: Learn more...

You have come to The Spykiller for help because your Antivirus or Antispyware hasn't been able to fix your problem.

Modern Malware is so involved and difficult to fix that it takes a very long time and a lot of hard work to read all the logs posted here and research and prepare the fixes for you.
In many cases each part of the fix takes about 30 minutes to prepare, so a large part of my time is spent helping you

I run this site to help raise funds for Hedgehog Rescue

You can donate safely and securely by using the PayPal service, just click on one of the buttons below.

To donate in UK £

To donate in US$

To donate in Euro €

Any amount no matter how small is gratefully accepted and needed to ensure we keep the Rescue Centre running